Epsom salt is a natural mineral compound of sulfate and magnesium and it contains numerous health benefits.
Epsom salt baths are a very efficient way to maximize its health benefits because the skin absorbs the sulfate and the magnesium. Because it is high in magnesium, it can reduce inflammation, prevent the arteries from hardening and it helps the nerve and muscle functions. Sulfates are also very beneficial because they absorb nutrients, ease migraine headaches and effectively eliminate toxins.
Health benefits of Epsom salt baths
The easiest way to get the most out of Epsom salt is to soak it in a hot tub. Here are some health benefits that Epsom salt baths provide:
- Relieves constipation
- Relaxes the body and eases stress
- It offers muscle cramps and pain relief
- Prevents blood clots and it prevents the arteries from hardening
- It supports the proper function of nerves and muscles
- Effectively eliminates the toxins from the body
- It makes insulin more effective
How to prepare and take Epsom salt bath?
You will need to be in the hot tub for at least 40 minutes, because the body will spend the first 20 minutes eliminating the toxins and the other 20 minutes absorbing the sulfate and magnesium.
How to prepare it:
- Half a cup of salt for children under 60 pounds.
- One cup of salt for people between 60 and 100 pounds.
- One and a half cup of salt for adults between 100 and 150 pounds
- Two cups of salt for people between 150 and 200 pounds
- For every 50 pounds increase the amount of salt that you add for half a cup.
You can also add some other ingredients to improve the properties and the smell of your bath. You can add half a cup of olive oil for example, because this will increase the antioxidant properties, and cayenne powder or ginger will improve the detoxification process. Also, do not use any soaps when you are having an Epsom salt bath.