Enjoying this homemade lemonade is a good way to quench your thirst on a hot day as well as to boost your immunity during the winter season.
It is a healthy and nutritious way to mix up your drinks, particularly for those who are trying to stay away from soda and those who prefer non-alcoholic drinks, but want to have something special on family gatherings.
Amazingly, this beverage is the ideal solution for parents who want to remove soda from their kid`s diet. It really works wonders as the kid still gets a special sweet drink which is secretly boosting their health. So, it is a win-win for the parents and children!
Lemons boast antibacterial, antiviral, immune-boosting and weight-loss benefits
While lemons are acidic to taste, they are actually alkaline-forming in the body. As a matter of fact, they are some of the most alkaline-forming foods, which makes them ideal for maintaining healthy pH levels.They have a robust nutritional profile and are packed with nutrients like limonene, pectin, citric acid, vitamin C, magnesium, and calcium, all of which boost immunity and combat infections.
16 Health Benefits of Lemons
- Lemons are alkalizing for the body, helping restore balance to body`s pH levels
- Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C and flavonoids, both of which combat flu, cold, and other infections
- “The lemon is a wonderful stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile,” writes Jethro Kloss in his book Back to Eden.
- Lemons create a healthy bowel movement and help with regularity.
- Regular consumption of lemon juices helps treat scurvy.
- The citric acid present in lemons helps dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, and calcium deposits.
- Lemon juice destroys intestinal worms.
- Vitamin C helps neutralize free radicals.
- The lemon peel is packed with tangeretin, a phytonutrient that is effective against Parkinson`s and other brain disorders.
- Lemon is good for vision, pungent, and astringent.
- Lemons are extremely beneficial in case of difficulty in breathing and insufficient oxygen, like when mountain climbing.
- As already discussed, lemons are work as potent antibacterial agent, killing off bacteria of cholera, malaria, typhoid, and many more.
- Bioflavinoids in lemons strengthen the blood vessels.
- Lemons contain up to 22 anti-cancer compounds.
- Lemons are the only foods in the world that are anionic, an ion with a negative charge.
- Lemons help improve the symptoms of eye disorders.
With this being said, it`s no wonder that consuming freshly squeeze lemon juice and lemonade are some of the best things you can do for your wellbeing. However, it is important to mention that making your own homemade lemonade is far superior to store-bought one, as “We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons,” Alfred E. Newman says.
Raw Homemade Lemonade
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 2 tbsp of raw local honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1 handful ice ( optional)
- Blend all the ingredients
- Add the ice and blend once again