The next time you feel fat and sluggish, try an energetic breathing practice instead a cup of coffee.
Breathing is also a practice to consider if you’re trying to lose weight. Performing a few rounds throughout the day can help increase your digestive power and boost your metabolism.
You probably want to avoid practicing different breathing yoga techniques close to bedtime, as it may invigorate your mind and make it difficult to fall asleep. But the next time you need a energy boost, give it a try.
Because, burning of fat or weight loss is possible through those yoga poses we’re presenting you today. Most of the tehniques are extremely beneficial to burn fat from stomach, waist, thighs and back.
Practicing yoga on regular basis with following proper steps and techniques helps to shed fat of the said body portions.
- First sit on the Padmasana and close your eyes and keep the spine straight.
- take a deep breath (inhale deeply) through your both nostrils until your lungs are full with air.
- Exhale through both nostrils forcefully, so your stomach will go deep inside. As you exhale you feel some pressure in your stomach.
- While the process of exhaling there is a hissing sound, at this point try to think that your disorders are coming out of your nose.
- Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- It Generates heat in the system to help dissolve toxins and waste matter.
- Adds luster and beauty to your face.
- Improves digestion, Improves the function of kidneys and liver.
- Daily practice of kapalbhati can cure the all intestinal problems.
- It helps reduce stress in the eyes, thus curing dark circles around the eyes.
- Improves the blood circulation problem in whole body parts.
- It helps in regaining poise in emotions.
- Sit on the Padmasana (Lotus Pose) with eye closed.
- Take a deep breath in (inhale), filling the lungs with air.
- After that gently breathe out.
- In this inhaling and exhaling should take the same length of time-2.5 seconds to breathe in and 2.5 seconds to breathe out.
- While you breathe in (inhale) assume that you are taking in positive energy and vibrations, and that you are being energized by them.
- During breathe out (exhale), imagine that you are taking out all the toxins from our body and find. (feel that during breathe out all the toxins comes out through your breathe).
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
- It gives strength to lungs.
- Helps in allergies, Asthama, repiratory diseases, tonsil and thyroid.
- Gives calmness to the mind.
- Brings the proper balance of three Dosha.
- Purifies the blood and kicked out the foreign objects and toxins form body.
- Our heart and head get adequate quantity of fresh and pure air by which our health is improved.
- Heats up our body.
- Helpful in common cold.
- It improves our immune system.
- Bhastrika pranayama is the best way for gaining enlightenment and tranquility.
COBRA POSE (BHUJANGASANA)
- Lie on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor and forehead resting on the ground.
- Keep your legs close together, with your feet and heels lightly touching each other.
- Place your hands (palms downwards) under your shoulders, keeping your elbows parallel and close to your torso.
- Taking a deep breath in, slowly lift your head, chest and abdomen while keeping your navel on the floor.
- Pull your torso back and off the floor with the support of your hands.
- Checkpoint: Are you putting equal pressure on both the palms?
- Keep breathing with awareness, as you curve your spine vertebra by vertebra. If possible, straighten your arms by arching your back as much as possible; tilt your head back and look up.
- Checkpoint: Are your shoulders away from your ears? Keep your shoulders relaxed, even if it means bending your elbows. With regular practice, you will be able to deepen the stretch by straightening the elbows.
- Ensure that your feet are still close together. Keep smiling and breathing. Smiling Cobras!
- Don’t overdo the stretch or overstrain yourself.
- Breathing out, gently bring your abdomen, chest and head back to the floor.
Benefits of the Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Opens up the shoulders and neck.
- Tones the abdomen.
- Strengthens the entire back and shoulders.
- Improves flexibility of the upper and middle back.
- Expands the chest.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Reduces fatigue and stress.
- Useful for people with respiratory disorders such as asthma. (Do not practice this yoga pose during the attack though).
RECOMMENDATION : START YOUR DAY WITH THIS 10-MINUTES YOGA ROUTINE
- Stand or sit up straight.
- Hold your hands out in front of you.
- Bend the ring finger of each hand so that its tip touches the mound of your thumb.
- Press down on your ring finger with your thumb.
- Ensure that the other fingers are spread out straight.
- The Surya Mudra can be practiced for 45 minutes at a stretch or this can be divided into three sessions of 15 minutes each.
Benefits of Surya Mudra
- There are a number of benefits of per forming the Surya Mudra.
- This Mudra helps to heat the body and raises the metabolism.
- Thus, it is an excellent posture for those who want to lose weight.
- It can also be used to treat common colds.
TRIANGLE POSE (TRIKONASANA)
- Stand erect. Now, keep distance between your legs about 3 to 4 feet
- Extend your arms at the shoulder level.
- Inhale and raises your right arm by the side of your head.
- Now, bend your right arms with exhaling towards the left side by keeping your body weight equally on both the feet. You should ensure that the right arm become parallel to the ground.
- Maintain the position as per your comfort with normal breathing and come to the original position by inhaling.
- Do the same procedure with the left arm.
- Perform three to five rounds of trikonasana.
Benefits of Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
- Strengthens the legs, knees, ankles, arms, and chest
- Stretches and opens the hips, groins, hamstrings, and calves; shoulders, chest, and spine
- Increases mental and physical equilibrium
- Helps improve digestion
- Reduces anxiety, stress, back pain and sciatica.
* The triangle pose should be practiced with proper breathing. Inhale while taking your hand upward and exhale while bringing it to the middle. Same procedure has to be followed with the other side. At least, three to five rounds have to be performed.