“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
Those are words from the father of Western medicine Hippocrates, who used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions. In alternative medicine garlic is considered to be one of the most efficient foods when it comes to your immune system, that improves your immunity the body’s ability to remove toxins. It is also effective for stomach problems, like diarrhea and some people claim that by consuming garlic on an empty stomach, it was a very good remedy for nerve problems.
We have all read about the health benefits of using raw honey. Raw honey can stabilize your blood pressure, calm nerves, relieve pain, decreasing allergies to pollen, balance sugar levels, aiding cholesterol regulation and treating various bacterial infections.
You can not imagine how powerful natural remedy can be the mixture of garlic and raw honey. Below we’re presenting you the recipe of this magical home remedy to boost your immune system and keep your body young and healthy.
HOME REMEDY TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
The process of preparation is very simple and doesn’t take any time. Here’s how to make garlic-infused honey. You can use it as a natural home remedy to keep your body healthy and boost your immune system.
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 3-4 heads of garlic
- a small jar with a lid
How to prepare it
- Separate the heads of garlic into individual cloves
- Do not peel the cloves, just remove any papery the outer layer fill the jar with the unpeeled garlic cloves
- Pour the honey over the cloves
- Use a spoon to release any trapped air bubbles
- Make sure the cloves are completely covered by honey
- Put the lid on the jar
- Allow the mixture to infuse for a few days, in the fridge or a room temperature
Health benefits of using garlic
- Contains antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- May help you live longer
- Combat sickness, including the common cold
- Can reduce blood pressure
- Athletic performance can be improved with garlic supplementation
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Highly nutritious, but has very few calories
- Improves cholesterol levels, which may lower the risk of heart disease
Health benefits of using raw honey
- Help for digestive issues
- A good source of antioxidants
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Heal wounds
- Soothe a sore throat
- Filled with phytonutrients