Coconut water kefir is full of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes.
It is rich in beta-carotene, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Niacin, pantothenic acid, folates and vitamins A, B6, C, E and K. This probiotic drink is considered to be healthier than regular kefir because it doesn’t contain casein and lactose, two quite problematic substances that are part of regular dairy products. This small but important advantage allows the body to process the nutrients in a better way, which is very important for the proper functioning of the digestive system. So, if you are looking for a way to avoid dairy products, water kefir is an amazing non-dairy probiotic source. Its wide array of health benefits is simply too exceptional to be ignored.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Coconut Water Kefir!
- Stops unhealthy cravings, especially for sugars and sweet foods
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves digestion and reduces symptoms of IBS, such as flatulence, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, nausea, low energy, and muscle pain
- Enhances hydration
- Increases energy levels and promotes overall feeling of well-being
- Inhibits the growth of pathogenic yeasts and bacteria in the body, while helping beneficial probiotics to thrive in the digestive system and the rest of the body ( bladder, skin, eyes, throat, nose)
- Improves vision and protects against eye-related issues
- It is a fantastic source of dietary minerals such as natural sodium, chloride, and potassium
- Eases PMS symptoms
- It improves the skin complexion and helps treat age spots, skin tags, warts, liver spots, eczema, acne, psoriasis, and many other skin conditions
- It strengthens the hair and nails
- It positively affects the nervous system, helping those with sleep disorders, insomnia, autism, depression, and ADHD
- It reduces inflammation
How to Make The Coconut Water Kefir!
You can make coconut water kefir in three different ways: by using existing kefir as a starter, by using a kefir starter culture, or by using kefir grains. The easiest and cheapest method of making coconut water kefir is by using kefir grains (either water or milk kefir grains).
- 7 cups fresh of coconut water
- 5 tablespoons of water kefir grains
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- Pour 7 cups of coconut water in a 1/2 gallon jar.
- Then put the water kefir grains in the coconut water. Cover the jar loosely and let it sit for 48 hours (no longer than that). Do not allow it to ferment for too long because it might explode.
- Once fermented, the coconut water will become lighter in color and the kefir grains will rise up to the top when the culturing process is finished. When this happens, you need to remove to the grains. You can use the kefir grains again if you plan to make another batch immediately.